Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Houston based Attorney Tonya D. Jones would like to hear from you if you think you’ve been affected by any form of medical malpractice. Jones Law, PLLC is a personal injury law firm with a record of court room victories which has resulted in large monetary sums being awarded to our clients.
No Legal Fees Unless We Win Your Case
Understanding Medical Malpractice Claims
In Texas, medical professionals such as doctors and nurses are held to high standards that are meant to protect the patient. When acceptable standards aren’t upheld, the patient suffers. The Texas Medical Board is the regulatory body that’s charged with setting standards for all medical procedures and patient care related operations being carried out in the state.
When a patient is subjected to substandard care they may have a valid medical malpractice claim against the healthcare provider. In general, when a person experiences negligence from a physician or other health care provider it is often without malice, but the result of poor organizational structuring and/or outright incompetence among the medical professional(s). Some examples of patient neglect are listed below;
- communication gaffs in the hospital or among the medical team and healthcare providers,
- failure to adhere to acceptable standards of care, policies, and procedures,
- negligence in the form of the lack of a qualified physician or nurse,
- misdiagnoses, incorrect prescriptions, and time management.
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Who can be held responsible in a Medical Malpractice lawsuit?
The party or parties that may be responsible in a medical malpractice lawsuit can be any of the following;
- an individual physician,
- a surgeon or other specialist doctor,
- a nurse, nurses, or nursing home,
- the health insurance provider,
- a pharmacist or drug maker,
- the HMO,
- the hospital or other facility,
- any health care provider,
- home health care providers and their personnel,
- and any combination of such.
When To Consult a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Listed below are a few examples of situations which may justify an immediate consultation with a Houston medical malpractice lawyer about pursuing legal action against a healthcare provider.
- A person going through a routine surgical procedure who dies as a result of poor medicine, lack of communication, or inadequate medication.
- A person who finds out they have a faulty surgical implant, or an implanted device that was recalled.
- A person who visits a Houston area emergency room for a headache, but is turned away and later dies of a brain aneurysm, hemorrhage, or stroke.
- A person who was prescribed the wrong medicine, the wrong instructions for usage of such medicine, or too powerful/weak a dosage.
Call or Visit our Houston Area Law Firm Today!
Attorney Tonya D. Jones and the associate lawyers of Jones Law PLLC are dedicated to finding out who was responsible for your injury, an bringing to light any of the hidden revelations related to your case. Medical malpractice can lead to severe injury and even death, if you need our advice or the services of an aggressive and effective legal team, call us at 832-230-4210.